There are many people who are in favor and against when it comes to sleeping with pets. Ultimately, it is best for you to choose what suits you and your four-legged friend best. Make a clear choice, be firm and use the tips below if you are going to share the bedroom.
Sleeping with the dog in bed
As the owner of a four-legged friend, you naturally want to have your dog with you as much as possible. You can also choose to sleep in one bed with your pet. It is recommended to make a clear choice here. Have you recently adopted a dog? Then think carefully about whether you want the dog in the bedroom or bed, as untraining is always more difficult and confusing for your pet.
Benefits of sleeping with your dog
Of course, nothing is better than a warm and soft hug when falling asleep and waking up. In addition, sleeping with your dog has a number of benefits that many pet owners do not know:
- For example, sleeping with your dog stimulates the production of oxytocin and prevents anxiety or insomnia
- Your four-legged friend nearby gives you a safe feeling and provides warmth
Does your dog sleep in your bed? Then make sure that you maintain hygiene and care. Check your dog regularly and extra for flea parasites and diseases and treat them preventively to prevent them from becoming ill.
Disadvantages of sleeping with your dog
Quite obviously, there are also disadvantages or less positive aspects of sleeping with your dog. For example, just keep in mind that your four-legged friend can be active while you sleep. They may get bored and decide to play or explore in the middle of the night. If you are allergic or have asthma, sleeping with pets is not recommended. In addition, there are four more points that can be experienced as a disadvantage or less positive:
- Your dog may have a different sleep rhythm
- During the night, dogs can become active or paint themselves and can keep you awake
- The bed should be washed more often
- People with lower resistance (children, the elderly, pregnant women, ...) are more susceptible to diseases
Tips for sleeping with your dog
Have you made the choice to take your dog into the bedroom or bed and sleep together on a daily basis? We are happy to give you some tips!
- Make sure your dog is active during the day for longer, calmer nights
- Be sure to feed your dog before bedtime
- Play a game or throw a ball with your dog before bed
- Let your dog explore the bedroom and the bed first
- Provide a clear place for your four-legged friend to sleep in the bedroom
submit your question
Do you have a question about your four-legged friend, your dog's behavior or a question regarding dog hygiene and care? Submit your question the online form and perhaps we will answer them!
[ Source ]